Discovery Director (M/F/X)
NOVADIP BIOSCIENCES is an innovative biotech company, based in the Walloon Region (Mont-Saint-Guibert), with a strong expertise in the development of a unique 3M³ tissue regeneration platform, which utilizes adipose-derived stem cells within a 3-dimensional extracellular matrix, to drive multiple product classes, Novadip’s mission is to provide innovative solutions for patients with limited or no effective treatment options.
If you are sharing the vision of developing life-improving and life-saving products and if you are looking for new challenges amongst a dynamic and innovative team, consider collaboration with this fast-growing company.
In order to support this challenging development, NOVADIP BIOSCIENCES is actively looking for (m/f/x):
As Discovery Director for Exosomes, you will be a pivotal member of the Discovery team at Novadip. You will play a key role in supporting the development and advancement of the Novadip’s pipeline of exosome drugs (these can be either proprietary or partnered programs). You will be responsible for leading all operational aspects of an Exosomes group involved in identifying and developing exosome-based drugs for the treatment of solid tumors. Your team (to be built) is investigating a variety of solid tumors diseases, where we are using exosomes to safely and effectively deliver fully functional versions of protein, mRNA or miRNA for the control of cellular differentiation and proliferation in the context of ONCOREGENERATION. This person will be responsible to manage a group of scientists in advancing different exosome-based drugs for oncology.
We are looking for an individual who will thrive in a highly agile and start-up environment, who is able to lead, motivate, innovate and will relish the sense of accomplishment each day brings in our exciting company.
This position is based at Novadip facility (Belgium) and will initially report to the CSO.
- Lead and establish a team of Exosomes scientists as well as taking on a ‘hands-on’ approach to deliver project material requirements.
- Work with members of your group to set and regularly review objectives aligned to the corporate goals.
- Provide operational leadership within the oncology group in in vitro testing and advancement of exosome-based drugs to treat disease.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team to identify new diseases that could be treated using our exosome approach.
- Work collaboratively with other R&D groups to design these exosome-based drugs and to test them in relevant in vivo models of disease.
- Ensure the Exosome’s team members are appropriately trained, coached and mentored and maintain high quality record keeping and documentation of experiments aligned with Novadip data integrity policies.
- Provide scientific and technical leadership in the oncology area, role modelling best practice approaches and techniques.
- Responsible for the resolution of all technical and scientific issues that affect, or have the potential to affect, the delivery of objectives and milestones, ensuring early visibility and awareness into implementation risks, identifying preventative measures, investigating, and troubleshooting equipment.
- Deliver Research reports ensuring timely completion and high-quality documentation.
- Work collaboratively with the technical and operational stakeholders within the Oncology team, other colleagues within Research and also those across the R&D organisation.
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
- Role model the Company values and leadership behaviours, cultivating high performing and highly engaged teams.
- Build strong working relationships with enabling functions, including Finance, IP, Legal, Business Development and HR to ensure the optimal environment for the delivery of objectives.
- Present regularly to the management team and provide timely provision of data and documentation reports to support intellectual property filings and regulatory submissions.
Education and Qualifications:
- PhD in a Medical Science, Pharmacology, or related biological field with at least 6 years post-PhD experience.
- Candidates must have a drug development background, with exosome experience preferred.
- Industry experience required
A highly motivated ambitious scientist with:
- Ability to work independently and lead and motivate others.
- Good conceptual, analytical thinking, problem solving, and organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritise work from multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects at the same time and be able to change priorities as needed by the business.
Experience & knowledge
- Oncology drug developer with experience testing drugs and advancing them from inception to at least IND/CTA.
- Desire and demonstrated ability to identify new diseases amenable to treatment.
- Adept at interacting and working closely with both academic and industry partners.
- Significant Industry experience leading a group.
- Will have an entrepreneurial attitude and able to work in a fast paced and agile environment, self-motivated with a high level of attention to detail.
- Proven communication & interpersonal skills with experience managing and presenting complex scientific data.
- Excellent general problem solving and project management skills, with a proven ability to oversee operational aspects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaborative and team-oriented mindset.
- Experience providing research support to programs in later stages of development including clinical trials.
- Good understanding of the molecular basis of disease and experience in identification of biomarkers and other readouts of efficacy.
- Experience with biologic or gene therapy approaches for the treatment of disease.
- A full-time permanent position in a growing team.
- To work in a human-sized, dynamic, respectful and professional environment.
- The opportunity to take part in a challenging scientific and business growth.
- An attractive salary package with several advantages.
Please send your CV to email@example.com. Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.